State of North Carolina
IRMC Accessibility Workgroup
Presented by Rowanne Joyner for Bill Stahl
Work Group Mission
- Serving as an advocate for the process of development of a state policy, in compliance with federal laws, for the Information Resource Management Commission (IRMC).
- Developing a position statement for state compliance for public information distribution.
- Identifying standards that are either emerging or fully adopted by national standards organizations.
- Developing and adopting a draft policy statement on technology and disability that would be placed within the state's technology architecture.
Documents and Articles
- Position Paper
- Memorandum from the Association of Tech Act Projects
- Information Technology Accessibility: A Status Report by the State Information Technology Access Coalition (SITAC)
- About SITAC
- Work Group Letter of Establishment
- Work Group Member List
- Trace Research and Development Center
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- City of San Jose WWW Page Disability Access Design Standards
- The Access Board: Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- The Cynthia Waddell Home Page
Related Links for Web Developers
- Bobby Web Page Analysis
- Lynx Web Site Viewing Tool (Allows you to see what your web site will look like with a text-only browser)
- The WAVE Web Page Analysis
Back to Assistive Technologies