|2002 UNC Teaching and Learning with Technology Conference, April 11-13, 2002
2002 UNC Teaching and Learning with Technology Conference
April 11-13, Greensboro, NC
The 2002 UNC Teaching and Learning with Technology Conference will be held at the Joseph S. Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, NC on April 11-13, 2002. See the travel information page for the location.
This annual event provides an opportunity for communication, networking, and dialogue among faculty, staff, and administrators throughout the UNC system who are interested in the effective use of technology for teaching and learning.
This year's conference is co-sponsored by the UNC TLT Collaborative and the UNC Faculty Assembly. Several sessions led by faculty members will feature examples of effective uses of technology to promote teaching and learning. Other sessions will address technological, pedagogical, and administrative support issues associated with TLT.
The deadline for submitting proposals has passed. We will continue to accept attendance applications on a space-available basis.
Themes: Faculty Development and Recognition and Making Collaboration Happen
The two themes for this year's conference are Faculty Development and Recognition, and Making Collaboration Happen. Sessions addressing these themes will be grouped in the following categories:
Faculty Development and Recognition
- Sharing Expertise through Faculty Peer-to-Peer Interaction
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning with Technology
- Faculty Recognition and Rewards
Making Collaboration Happen
- How Learning Happens
- Building Effective Campus Support
- Models to Promote Effective Collaboration within and across Campuses
The conference will run from 10 A.M. on Thursday April 11 to noon on Saturday April 13.
- Keynote speakers
- Approximately 40 presentations, panel discussions, and interest group meetings
- Free hands-on workshops and seminars
- Updates on TLT issues and initiatives
View the program
We invite participation from people in the following categories, and anyone else with an interest in TLT issues:
- TLTC Board members
- Teaching and Learning Center directors
- TLT Center directors
- Instructional technology professionals, including College of Education "Spangler" positions
- Librarians engaged in TLT
- Representatives of academic programs offices
- Representatives of continuing education offices
- Representatives of information technology offices, including campus representatives on the UNC Alliance for Shared Services Board
Current plans are:
- There will be a $60 registration fee for each participant, including presenters.
- Conference / workshop materials and selected meals will be provided for all participants.
- Up to three hotel nights (Wednesday - Friday) will be covered for all participants from the most distant campuses: ECU, ECSU, UNCA, UNCW, and WCU.
- Up to two hotel nights (Thursday - Friday) will be covered for all other participants who live outside of the Greensboro / Winston-Salem area.
- Participants or their campuses are responsible for registration fees, mileage, and other costs such as some meals not covered by the TLT Collaborative.